Tuesday, October 10, 2006

An Updated Pantry

Today I got my tips from work- 36 dollars to do what I please with. It just so happens that grocery shopping is most pleasing to me this week :) So I stocked up my pantry with chickpeas, cannellini beans, kidney beans, tomato sauces/pastes, and lentils. I also needed some fresh stuffus so I'll be enjoying grapes, apples, and carrots* this week. Oh I also got some chili powder as with all those beans I'm planning on making some vegetarian chili this week(end probably). I shall post a picture of my chili when I do make it. Another thing I'm planning on trying this week is artichoke cannellini bean dip. I've got a jar of artichoke hearts already in my pantry, but I haven't got a food processor. Hopefully a regular blender will work instead? Ahh, the joys of experimenting with food... :D


*Note: When I was little, and a very picky eater, sometimes I didn't want to eat what my mom prepared for dinner. In that case I was told "Then go get a carrot". At which point I'd get up from the dinner table, and fetch a raw carrot out of the vegetable drawer in the fridge. I'd then sit back down at the table with the rest of my family and knaw on my carrot while the rest of my family finished their dinner. It's kind of funny looking back now, to think that this is what I did when I didn't want to eat dinner. But now I keep a bag of carrots in my fridge. Not because I don't want to eat the meals I prepare for myself, but more for the comfort that I know I can always "go get a carrot".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that! I love you so much, you are absolutely the best daughter.
Maman

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home